I just installed a Windows 10 (Creator’s Edition) on a NEW SSD to my HP xw4600 Workstation. Below are the problems I’m experiencing:
- The OS hasn’t recognized the fact I have 2 monitors.
- From Display Settings the Detect function can’t find the 2nd monitor
- Both monitors show same content
From the Device Manager I’ve removed Device and now it is showing Generic PnP Monitor as Working Properly.
Additionally, neither screen is displaying at the proper resolution. Dell U2211H (1920 x 1080).
- Display Settings has the screen set to 1024 x 768
- The highest avaiable option is 1280 x 1024
- Advanced Display Settings is not listed as an option
- Cannot extend the desktop
- Windows + P indicates Your PC cannot project another PC try reinstalling the driver or using a different video card
The current card installed is a ATI FirePro V5600. After visiting the manufacturers website and not finding a driver listed for this card for Win10 I found a tool to remove the device, its driver, and all associated registry entries to let Windows install it’s Display Adapter which the Device Manager is now indicating is Working Properly.
None of the steps of taken thus far has had a positive effect. I’m at a loss…what do I need to do to correct these issues?
I ended up finding a post that refereed me to the following http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx from which I downloaded and installed
Initially it didn't seem that the update had any affect after my initial reboot. But then seemingly out of nowhere, the system rebooted again after which the proper settings were present.