I have purchased a Dell Lap from Singapore in 2014. It has been in built Windows 8.1. I did not received CD or any other documents which has contained with product keys . Very recently , lap asked windows product keys for activation . But dont have product keys.
Now how I can activate it.
With Windows 8/8.1 The Product Key on preinstalled Operating Systems (HP, Acer, etc) is embedded in the BIOS in the Motherboard, so that the lost and/or worn C.O.A. Sticker problem is no more.
For Activation problems:
"How to Activate Windows 8 and 8.1 by Phone"
Follow these steps and do a Phone Activation and hold on for a real person to assist you.
To Activate Windows 8.1 by Phone
1. Do step 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 below for what you would like or able to do.
2. Press the Windows + R to open the Rusluisn dialog, type slui.exe 4, press Enter, and go to step 7 below.
3. Open an elevated command prompt, type slui.exe 4, press Enter, and go to step 7 below.
4. Open the Power Users Tasks menu, click/tap on System, and go to step 5A below.
5. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the System icon.
6. Open PC settings, click/tap on Activate Windows on the left side.
"Get help with activation errors"
"How to activate a Microsoft product by using Microsoft Product Activation Center"
This information may interest you if you do wish to keep a record of it:
"Windows 10 Embedded Product Key Tool"
"We’re proud to introduce the immediate release of our newest utility for Windows users: the NeoSmart Technologies Embedded Product Key Tool. Designed for users of Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10, our embedded product key tool will retrieve and display the Windows setup product key embedded in the BIOS or EFI, allowing you to store it for safe-keeping or use it to reinstall Windows with an official Windows setup image."
You can also use:
"Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit (Version 8.5c)"